The Fidelity Corporate Accounting function provides accounting services to Fidelity's business units and legal entities across the firm. As part of a centralized function, the professionals within Corporate Accounting deliver their specialized expertise to the individual business groups at Fidelity while leveraging shared best practices and consistent policies and procedures to also achieve maximum efficiencies.
Primary areas of responsibility include:
- Delivery of core accounting, financial reporting and consolidation services
- Administration of the share plans for more than 14,000 Fidelity employee shareholders
- Responsibility for billing fees to more than 300 of Fidelity's mutual funds and 600 institutional investment management clients
The Work We Do
The work of Corporate Accounting is to be the firm-wide expert in accounting and reporting matters. We team extensively across Fidelity's various businesses and other corporate functions (HR, Finance, Treasury, Tax) on high-profile initiatives and other work related to compensation plans, capital structuring, new business activities, financial systems development and deployment.
As an integral member of Fidelity Corporate Accounting, you will have the ability to interact with a wide range of people throughout the organization. The depth and variety of businesses throughout the firm provide a wealth of opportunity to learn, develop and master core skills for future success.
Specific responsibilities vary by role and level. Functions within Corporate Accounting may include the following:
- Actively participating in monthly closing of the books
- Reviewing monthly results and researching unexpected fluctuations
- Providing commentary on significant account activity
- Working with finance to perform major account analysis to ensure that balances are properly stated
- Participating in the preparation of financial statements and regulatory filings for management review
- Keeping abreast of the impact of accounting issues and standards on the business
Corporate Accounting Development
By becoming part of the Corporate Accounting team, you are taking the first step on a career path with limitless possibilities. We are committed to developing our employees by providing opportunities for both personal and professional growth. The work within Corporate Accounting allows you to develop an understanding of and gain exposure to Fidelity's many businesses and functions that will build additional layers of expertise. Additionally, there will be opportunities for continual professional development as well as support in obtaining a CPA certificate and Master's degree.
- Bachelor's degrees in accounting
- An independent thinker who is intellectually curious
- Strong analytical, logical and strategic skills
- Hands-on work style - a "can do" attitude with a strong desire to make things happen
- Enthusiasm, energy, execution and eagerness to learn
- Team player who takes initiative and works constructively with others to achieve team goals
- Ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently and meet tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to operate at different levels of detailed work, and able to concisely summarize complex issues
- Excellent planning, prioritization, problem solving and organizational skill
- Willingness to learn financial systems and multidimensional reporting tools
Read the profiles of a couple of our associates and what they enjoy most about Corporate Accounting
"Corporate Accounting at Fidelity provides exposure to the most current financial changes, constant learning experiences, technical and accounting system trainings, all in a friendly, collaborative environment."
"Fidelity gave me hands-on experience and visibility to all aspects of Corporate Accounting. It has great opportunities that you would rarely get anywhere else."