A Culture of Diversity and Inclusion
Fidelity Investments believes our culture of diversity and inclusion makes us more effective in serving our customers, developing our employees, and strengthening our communities. We recognize the value that employees’ individual differences and perspectives contribute to the success and growth of our company. We promote an environment that embraces collaboration, innovation, and service. Harnessing the power of diversity supports our market leadership — now and into the future.
Our Diversity strategy targets five key results:
- Engage and develop leaders
- Enhance employee experience
- Contribute to business performance
- Broaden appeal to candidate base
- Support communities where we work and live
Fidelity's Four Key Pillars of Diversity
- Workforce: Diversity is a key element of our talent management strategy, valued at all levels.
- Workplace: Employees experience our workplace as open and equitable. We strive to be an “employer of choice” for individuals seeking a challenging and diverse environment.
- Marketplace: Customers experience us as a diverse organization. Our people and services reflect the needs of customers across the diverse markets we serve.
- Community: We invest our time and experience in the communities where we live.
Employee Resource Groups
Employee Resource Groups are self-organized groups of Fidelity employees who have common interests relating to areas such as race, ethnicity, gender or sexual orientation, or who share an affinity based on similar sets of experiences. The primary purpose of ERGs is to enhance the understanding of diversity in the workplace, in the marketplace and in the community, and to enhance the company's environment of mutual respect.
There are currently five ERGs:
- Women's Networking Group (WNG)
- Fidelity Pride – Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender
and Allies ERG
- Asian Employee Resource Group
- Aspire - Latino and Black ERG
- FiVE - Fidelity Veteran Employees
All of our ERGs are committed to:
- Engaging with diverse employee groups and strengthening their sense of inclusion and connection to the firm
- Providing increased market intelligence to the business
- Connecting with Staffing to broaden our talent pool
- Helping with onboarding and mentoring new employees
- Improving Fidelity's brand in the marketplace and community
- Providing professional development opportunities
- Supporting Talent Management
Professional and Student Association Partnerships
We are committed to attracting diverse talent from colleges, universities, and professional organizations.
- AHANA — Boston College Office of African-American, Hispanic, Asian, and Native American Students
- ALPFA — Association of Latino Professionals in Finance and Accounting
- Cristo Rey
- Massachusetts Black Lawyers Association
- MBA Veterans
- NAAAP — National Association of Asian American Professionals
- NABA — National Association of Black Accountants
- NSBE — National Society of Black Engineers
- Out and Equal Workplace Advocates
- SWE — Society of Women Engineers
- The Posse Foundation
Leadership development programs, including our General Management Apprentice Program and LEAP technology associates program, have specific emphasis on recruiting and developing diversity in future leaders. A diversity- and inclusion-focused curriculum for managers and employees is currently offered as a part of our core professional and management development programs.
The national and regional organizations below are a sampling of the groups that Fidelity, both financially and through its employees volunteering their time, have supported:
- Boston Chinatown Neighborhood Center
- Citizen Schools
- Fenway Health
- Global Women's Mentoring Partnership
- Greater Boston PFLAG (Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays)
- HandsOn Network
- JCCI (Jacksonville Community Council Inc.)
- Maura Women Helping Women Awards ( Texas )
- National Urban League
- New England Center for Homeless Veterans
- Simmons Leadership Conference
- Teach for America
- The Partnership, Inc.
- The Point Foundation
At Fidelity we understand that embracing diverse ideas, creating diverse opportunities, and developing diverse partnerships will positively impact the communities in which we conduct business. Our supplier diversity program promotes the inclusion of diverse-owned businesses as an integral part of our supply chain and strategic sourcing initiatives.