The Senior UX Designer is a core member of the digital acceleration or startup team, playing a key role in the strategy and development of new products through user research insights, wireframes, prototypes, and customer advocacy. An ideal candidate will be happy getting their hands dirty and doing the work necessary to bring new products to market.
As part of a tight-knit team of innovative practitioners, the Senior UX Designer is obsessed with understanding the needs of our customers and has the skills to effectively collaborate with key partners to test new ideas and challenge old ones. The ideal candidate is an effective communicator that loves what they do and brings a creative, dynamic, collaborative spirit to the office every day. With a strong attention to detail and a passion for advocating for the needs of the customer, they are highly adaptive, willing to take on outstanding challenges, wear multiple hats, and have the confidence to take risks and “fail fast” in a budding new space.
The Expertise and Skills You Bring
- BA/BS degree in graphic design, communication design, human-computer interaction, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience participating in the full product development lifecycle of web, mobile, and/or software applications
- 8-10 years work experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer or similar role in a related field, with some of that time spent leading teams of UX and UI designers and content strategists
- Ability to understand customer needs, motivations, and behaviors and translate them into concepts and prototypes to elicit direct feedback
- Ability to prioritize efforts to deliver maximum consumer value and support key business KPI’s; assist with smart trade-offs and sequencing of roadmap
- Experience crafting design artifacts such as (but not limited to), wireframes, user flows, user journey maps, interactive prototypes, and pixel-perfect design comps
- Deep experience using style guides and component/pattern libraries
- Practical experience facilitating customer and user sessions, contextual research, and usability tests
- Proven expertise with Sketch, InVision/Figma/UXPin, or equivalent design and prototyping software combinations
- Proficient user research skills (user interviews, usability testing, recruiting, synthesis & analysis)
- Fine-tuned presentation and listening skills, ability to communicate user needs and design rationale to key partners outside of the design team (such as business, legal, technology teams)
- Ability to manage your own time by appropriately prioritizing design and research tasks while working within deadlines
- An intellectual curiosity and hunger for continuous learning in the industry
- Experience in Agile, Design Thinking, Lean UX or Lean Start-up methods
- You demonstrate a clear and compelling design sense grounded in compassion and thoughtfulness
- You demonstrate to others ‘how’ and ‘why’ design decisions are made
- You have a powerful impulse to improve existing designs, invent new experiences, and perform better than our competition
- A sense of humor, comfort with ambiguity, and ability to pivot as journey’s progress from ideas to products
- Bringing business ideas to life, through sketching, wireframing, prototyping, designing, testing, and shipping products
- Helping your team deliver valuable experiences to our customers
- Facilitating and inspiring idea generation techniques
- Sharing your expert knowledge with a design team that wants to develop their skills to be the best in the industry
At Fidelity Labs, we don’t accept the status quo. We’re debating, experimenting, researching, teaching, and collaborating on new ideas to help people live better financial lives. We have dedicated cross-functional teams that operate like start-ups but have the backing and resources of Fidelity to ensure that we are able to focus on the things that matter. Using a combination of good old-fashioned ingenuity, and innovation methodologies, our startups take a customer-centric approach to problem solving, with a focus on rapid experimentation, and the permission to fail.
This opportunity is brought to you by Fidelity Labs.
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to complete the application or interview process. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 2 if you would like to request an accommodation.