Do you genuinely enjoy making a difference in the lives of others? If you answered “yes” and are a customer service-minded champion, we are hiring Financial Services Associates at Fidelity Investments in our North Carolina site.
In this full-time position, you can apply your skills and knowledge in a significant way every day to help others. What is the core work that this person is going to be working on and what is the impact?
- Establishing rapport with customers, making them feel unique and valued.
- Answering customer queries with a professional attitude and manner while adhering to measurable departmental goals.
- Processing transactions accurately.
- Effectively utilizing and navigating internal resources to arrive at the right solution for the client e.g. computer systems, online resources, and business partner relationships.
- Actively participating in Quality Improvement Process.
- Demonstrating excellent call handling skills, perseverance and respect with complex and non-complex calls.
- Defining a problem clearly and raising concerns appropriately when necessary.
- Understanding that you are "Fidelity's Voice to Our Customers
The Expertise and Skills You Bring
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- 1-2 years of customer service experience, preferably in the financial services / benefits industry, or experience with Health and Insurance.
- Personal computer proficiency required: Windows Office and web-based applications experience preferred.
- You assist others by engaging your pro-active problem-solving skills.
- Adaptable with the flexibility to thrive in various work environments (i.e. working from home, overtime, etc.)
- You manage challenging situations and conversations driving towards a resolution suitable for all.
- Your ability to uncover hidden customer needs utilizing effective questioning.
- Your ability to identify actions necessary to complete tasks and obtain results.
- Ability to have a positive and constructive view of working with others/outstanding teammate
- Ability to listen to and work with diverse customers with a wide range of challenges to achieve outcomes where everybody wins.
- Learn quickly and retain information to assist with decision-making.
- Be able to display understanding.
- Excellent social skills both written and verbal.
- Multi-tasking (able to talk and research at the same time).
- Being responsible and punctual.
- Display interpersonal skills.
- Rare detail orientation.
- Take personal accountability for acquiring the expertise, knowledge and information to effectively tackle customer's issues.
- "Of service" attitude towards others.
We believe in being #Different Together
Fidelity’s nine affinity groups are self-organized groups of employees with common interests in areas such as race, ethnicity, gender or sexual orientation, or who share similar interests based on similar sets of experiences such as military service, women’s leadership or environmental sustainability, who come together to create a positive, inclusive workplace for all employees.
We continuously strive for a diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences.
COVID work policy
Safety is our top priority, so this role will be fully remote for the short term. Once we can be together in person with fewer safety measures, this role will move to our dynamic working approach. You'll be spending some of your time onsite depending on the nature and needs of your role.
Dynamic working – post pandemic
Our aim is to combine the best of working offsite with coming together in person. For most teams this means a consistent balance of working from home and office that supports the needs of your role, experience level, and working style.
Your success and growth is important to us, so you’ll want to enjoy the benefits of coming together in person – face to face learning and training, quality time with your manager and teammates, building your career network, making friends, and taking full advantage of cultural and social experiences Fidelity provides for you.
Learn More: Dynamic Working
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. Find your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Leave of Absence/Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 2.