At Fidelity Personal Investing, we’re growing very fast and looking for an accomplished Solution Architect. In this role, you will be working with product managers mapping business capabilities to actual technology solutions. You will use your knowledge and leadership related to sound software engineering and cloud computing to design solutions, build references that prove designs, and deliver proven solutions to market. You will help drive awareness of our solutions within and across multiple Business Units and organizations. Your enthusiasm, technical and business depth, leadership influence, and excellent presentation skills will help decision makers understand the benefits of Architectural Solutions to drive growth and customer success.
Fidelity Personal Investing (PI) architects provide software architecture leadership to our Social Networking Tribe . Our architects engage with product managers, scrum teams, engineers and engineering leadership to help deliver modern and sustainable technology solutions. Your work, as part of an architecture chapter, enables functionality developed throughout the firm and externally to engage with our customers in various Social Media channels. As part of the team you will be able to impact the speed, efficacy, and scale of the technical solutions that will serve these customers through forward-looking architectural designs as well as hands-on implementation.
The Expertise and Skills You Bring
6+ years’ experience engineering/developing web enabled applications and some combination of the following:
- Proven track record as a Solution Architect, architecting, designing, and building new solutions
- Experience building solutions that interact with Social Media platforms and APIs
- Experience with Agile development methodology
- Background with multiple enterprise technologies
- Experience with Micro-Service Architecture & SOA
- Exposure to front-end UI technologies
- Working knowledge in all aspects of solution architecture (infrastructure/network topology, operational excellence, security, reliability, performance efficiency, cost optimization)
- Working knowledge of an architecture framework (e.g., TOGAF)
- Experience in all aspects of cloud computing (infrastructure, storage, platforms and data)
- Working knowledge of continuous integration/deployment
- Experience with serverless architecture, design, and implementation.
- Heightened awareness, experience or passion for Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Ability to work in a dynamic, highly matrix environment to achieve group goals.
- Dream and aptitude for learning new technologies.
- Previous experience using business requirements to develop technical designs and define architectural strategies and solutions.
- Coding to deliver polyglot solutions that delight our customers.
- Willingness to partner effectively with your technology business partners.
- Dedication to sharing knowledge and providing mentorship to less-expert developers in their work.
- Communication and presentation skills that educate and inform technical and non-technical audiences.
The Value You Deliver
- Driving target architecture for various solutions in PI
- Developing reference prototypes that prove architecture principles
- Spearheading solutions in an MVP, iterative approach
- Working with multiple squads using Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Providing technical expertise as requested by members of various scrum teams
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. Find your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Leave of Absence/Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 2.