Principal Software Engineer (Apache Webserver / C++)
Workplace Security Services team is part of the Workplace Customer Protection Center of Excellence. The team is responsible for the security infrastructure used by most Workplace applications like Netbenefits, PlanSponsor WebStation, FocusPoint and others. The team develops and maintains the web infrastructure for front-facing web applications, APIs, Authorization infrastructure as well as Single Sign-On implementations with external client and vendor sites.
The Expertise You Have
- B.S. in Computer Science preferred, Engineering / Mathematics or comparable subject area
- 8+ years of web application development experience building scalable and high efficiency web applications
- Experience building and deploying cloud enabled applications using 12 factor design.
- Hands on experience with automation & pipeline implementation (Testing, Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery pipeline)
The Skills You Bring
- You have experience and feel confident working in an agile environment (Scrum and Kanban)
- You possess strong engineering skills and experience developing maintainable, scalable multi-tiered applications
- You are a strategic problem solver, bring your curiosity and excitement; desire to collaborate
- Open to direction and following agreed upon standards; yet be comfortable with ambiguity and enjoy experimenting, developing, and communicating alternatives
- You have passionate focus on automation and always looking towards reducing waste and improving efficiencies
- Enjoy communicating and learning the business behind the application
- Hands-on experience in designing and developing using the following technologies
- Unix and Shell scripting skills
- 8+ years of experience with web application development and relevant modules
- 2+ years of C++ programming skills.
- 2+ years of cloud experience (AWS or Azure) – development and deployment on cloud
- Experience with SOA and API frameworks such as SOAP and REST.
- Pipeline/Build tools GIT, Maven, Gradle, Jenkins, Docker, uDeploy desired.
- Experience with Container Orchestration (Kubernetes) is a must
- Experience with Envoy webserver development is a plus
- Experience with Akamai Security Solutions suite is a plus
The Value You Deliver
- Collaborating in an autonomous team, owning all aspects of delivery (Coding, Quality, DevSecOps)
- Being an excellent teammate developing/deploying software in a fast-paced and highly flexible environment
- Continued focus on improving test coverage, release velocity and production health
- Working with global Agile teams and will contribute to improving engineering practices
- Exercising operational expertise in a team, targeting Engineering and DevOps excellence
- Forever learning and growing your skillsets to be an active contributor to a well-rounded team
- Automating yourself out of today’s job so that you can move on to the next big challenge
At Fidelity Investments, our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As a privately held company with a rich 75-year history, our mission has remained the same since our founding: to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity—we offer a range of opportunities for learning and growth so you can build the career you’ve always imagined. We welcome associates from different backgrounds and with different perspectives to help us innovate and make a difference for our customers and our communities.
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Leave of Absence/Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 2.
Fidelity will continue to keep the safety of associates and customers as our top priority and this will never change. As the pandemic evolves and Federal, State, and Local regulations emerge, it has become clear that knowing the vaccination status of all associates is critical to our safety efforts.
Therefore, Fidelity will require all candidates to disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status during the hiring process, and if vaccinated, provide proof of vaccine.
This is not a requirement to be vaccinated. It is a requirement to report vaccination status and, if vaccinated, provide proof.