Associate – Asset Management Accounting & Controllership
You like numbers, you’re organized, and you pay attention to detail. You value being a member of a larger team and helping the team succeed in its goals.
The Expertise We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 1-3 years of experience, preferably in the financial services industry
- Public accounting audit experience preferred
The Purpose of Your Role
This individual will act both independently and as part of a work-team to support the broader organizations. This person will be relied upon to assist the team with various tasks to ensure there are appropriate controls in place for a wide variety of processes. This role will have an opportunity to interact directly with various business partners throughout Fidelity as well as the firm’s external auditors.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills and exhibit relationship building skills. Being able to balance multiple priorities and demonstrate flexibility will be essential. This position will be responsible for projects of varying scope and complexity.
The Skills You Bring
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work independently in today’s “remote” work environment and adhere to established deadlines
- Strong PC and financial software skills with emphasis on Excel, Essbase and OBI
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills
- Take pride in having attention to detail and accuracy of assigned responsibilities
- Positive relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Works well in a fast paced, team environment and across a complex organization
The Value You Deliver
- Preparation journal entries, accounting reconciliations and management reporting packages
- Ad-hoc analysis, reporting and projects
- Maintaining data hierarchies related to our legal entities
- Collaboration with business partners to ensure accurate reporting
- Ownership of assigned processes and controls documentation
- Updating market data information
- Processing wire transactions
- Attending various meetings and documenting discussions
- Documenting intercompany and related party transactions
- Updates and maintenance of financial aspects of intercompany agreements and responsible for centralized storage of the agreements
- Internal and external audit support
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
This role supports the general ledger accounting, internal controls, and financial statement preparation and other reporting for the investment advisors and trust companies that support Fidelity’s institutional business. A positive & collaborative approach is essential for this role!
At Fidelity Investments, our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As a privately held company with a rich 75-year history, our mission has remained the same since our founding: to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity—we offer a range of opportunities for learning and growth so you can build the career you’ve always imagined. We welcome associates from different backgrounds and with different perspectives to help us innovate and make a difference for our customers and our communities.
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Leave of Absence/Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 2.