Are you looking for an opportunity to innovate, pursue new technologies, solve problems, and contribute to high-profile projects? Do you want to join a firm that’s making a significant annual investment in technology? Then you’ve found the right place.
Fidelity has new opportunities for remote Mobile Developers. While these positions are remote, you are required to live in the greater Washington, DC area. You’ll have full access to virtual training and learning opportunities, plus dynamic working resources to help you stay connected.
We’re looking for inquisitive, responsible product-aware engineers to help deliver a best-in-class mobile experience. The ideal candidate is deeply entrenched in mobile development, with a passion for using the right tools and frameworks to guide the development of stable, robust, and resilient apps that best serve our customer base.
Our team builds outstanding experiences for millions of customers. We focus on crafting rich and compelling experiences using the best iOS UI guidelines by way of robust tooling to provide deep, financial insights enabling ‘on the go’ financial management. We work in a collaborative, fast paced environment and are committed to advancing a mobile-first strategy.
The Expertise and Skills You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or above in computer science
- 5+ years of experience developing iOS or Android apps using Swift 3/4,Kotlin and/or Objective-C supported by RESTful web services
- Participation in the release of at least 1 publicly available app, from inception to launch using automated tooling like Jenkins, Fastlane, and XCode toolchain
- Passion for crafting outstanding experiences on iOS or Android, using a strong understanding of functional programming and reactive patterns
- Knowledge of the mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies used in crafting performant, resilient, and robust iOS or Android apps (Objective C, Swift IOS SDK, / Android SDK, Android Studio, etc.)
- Excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms to ensure alignment to software engineering methodologies
- Deep awareness of Test-Driven Development and Test Pyramid, in support of highly resilient and stable apps with a high degree of code coverage
- Practice using modern development principles such as trunk-based development, feature toggles, and branch by abstraction to support performant and collaborative engineering teams
The Value You Deliver
- Collaborating with architecture, security, and UXD to build architecturally compliant apps
- Partnering with platform squads to define mobile engineering standards, standard methodologies, and tooling
- Providing thought leadership to advance mobile outcomes and facilitate a mobile-first approach
- Serving as an advocate for the adoption of experiences that tackle the needs of our digitally minded customers
- Supporting a mobile-first world through upskilling and augmenting squads with deep mobile expertise
At Fidelity Investments, our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As a privately held company with a rich 75-year history, our mission has remained the same since our founding: to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity—we offer a range of opportunities for learning and growth so you can build the career you’ve always imagined. We welcome associates from different backgrounds and with different perspectives to help us innovate and make a difference for our customers and our communities.
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Leave of Absence/Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 2.